from the outside the pintle part looks pretty close. The shims are not the same. The VW has what look like smaller open area. I have not gotten brave enough to mess with the Benz injector, since I know they are matched and were I to screw them up, I would be unhappy. Maybe I will play with the bosch injector cleaner kit and the VW parts to see what I make.

Thanks for the information