Hi Joe,

First thing I would look at is the fuel filter/s. Even if they have recently
been changed it does not mean someone put dirty fuel into the car.
>From memory the V12's use 2 distributors to fire the engine, if you feel
that it is only running on 6 cylinders you may have a problem with one of
the ignition systems. They are expensive and have been known to fail.
Basically you are going to have to bite the bullet and get it properly
diagnosed because you can end up throwing 1000's of dollars worth of parts
into the beast and still have problems. The one redeeming feature of later
model cars is that they have a self diagnostic system to find problems.
However usually if there is a problem with a later model Merc the check
engine light will come on, has yours?
Like they say nice cars when working properly but major wallet drainers when
not:-)
Look on the bright side, even with the problems you are having you are still
going to outrun all the diesel Benz's and me in my(well the missus) 230E.
Ohh almost forgot what are the exhaust emissions like? Is one side different
to the other?

Sorry I can't be of more help but I don't think I will ever be able to
afford a V12 so I do not know much about them. Or perhaps if the price of
fuel goes up to $10 a litre they will be giving large engined cars away for
free:-)

Cheers,

Hendrik