Yep,

BiL is diesel mech. Learned how thanks to Uncle Sugar. Did the big trucks for years and now does municipal trucks. Showed him Gump and the E300D. The theory was sound, but the actual work was not of the blind diesel mechanic type. We read a lot of MB manual and clymer/chilton just for good measure. Once we knew what we were supposed to be doing, his help was invaluable. Feel and that sort of magic pixie just thing