Russ Williams wrote:
A buddy of mine has a  '84 300Dt and is having problems with his A/C.
Here's whats happing. When he turns on the A/C it will blow cold air for about
2 or 3 days. Then the Blower Motor fuse No.8 blows and also the Rear window
Defrost fuse No.10 blows.
I haven't had time to pull the blower motor and check it for crud.
Does anybody have the PDF for the Climate Control system?
My CD doesn't have the Climate Control wiring diagram.
We have disconnected the Rear Window switch from the system and it's
still blowing the fuse.

It is well know that the blower motor fuse in 123/126s was too small! The fuse is at most a 25A fuse, but a blower motor that meets Bosch/Mercedes specifications CAN draw 26 A initially when running at high speed and that number will increase as the motor ages. In the mid '80s, Mercedes fabricated an aux. blower fuse kit consisting of a small box, wires, fuses and instructions for installation. These were available for maybe 10 years ('til the mid 90s). Currently the aux. fuse box is still listed as a replacement part.

This from Wray Stanley:
---------------------------
And I just happen to have the PN of the aux fuse box: 126 540 30 13.
Comes with enough cable let you wire into the rear of the main fuse box
at the terminals for fuse 8.  Also need a 30 amp fuse, the flat metal
type similar to the glow plug relay fuse.

Wray

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi
      Diesel Technical Advisor MBCA, member GWSection
    http://www.dhc.net/~pmhack/mercedes/mbooth1.htm