David Goldsmith wrote:
Actually, according to Web-listed dealer inventory
there are no new '05 TDI Passat Wagons within 400 km
of Seattle on the US side of the border.  However, w/
very little effort, I found three Vancouver, BC area
VW dealers each w/ multiple '05 TDI Passat Wagons. So, according to you, I should have little to no
trouble bringing it in, since the '05 TDI Passat Wagon
was marketed here this past year?

But it would have to have been marketed in Canada with PRECISELY the same equipment required in the US! If ANYTHING needs to be changed (bumpers, door reinforcement, lights, etc.), I believe it must be changed by a registered US company and the cost seems to be in the many (to many, many) thousands of dollars !

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi
      Diesel Technical Advisor MBCA, member GWSection
    http://www.dhc.net/~pmhack/mercedes/mbooth1.htm