[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> <<The great citizens of the State of Washington are not adverse to
> taxation,.....>>
>
> Except for the Seattle monorail tax. Godalmighty.

I'm new to the area, but to me it seems pretty obviously an impractical
tourist trap left over for the World's Fair.  I understand it has
sentimental value, but if you want a real elevated train, wouldn't
something more along the lines of Chicago's system, or BART, make more
sense?  It's got to be cheaper to get equipment for a normal system like
that than for something custom like the Monorail.