Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:48:58 -0700
From: "kevin kraly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Taxes...love 'em

from my house in Hillsboro, to downtown Portland, OR, one would have to
walk
nearly 3/4 of a mile to a bus stop (20 minutes) to catch a bus to take
a 15
minute ride to the MAX light rail station (fares just went up to
$1.75),
take a 25 minute ride on MAX, noisy, jerky, and uncomfortable, and
then,
take another bus north or south a few minutes to get to your
destination.
It's a 30-35 minute ride by car, much more comfortable, about the same
price
for fuel as the Tri-Met fare, and you're not bound by some schedule
either.
This is why cars continue to clog up the highways and byways rather
than
people taking public transportation.

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon

1978 300CD 200K+ miles, Vinnie