Hi all listers......

As has been mentioned, I am enroute to an MBCA event in Virginia. Some of the highlights and lowlights........

From St. Johns AZ where I was working timing for the St. Johns Grand Prix w/the ProAutoSport group......

Departed Tuesday (I've lost track of dates) and got to Shamrock TX..... The old girl did great....... Running 70-75 and never a hiccup. Left Shamrock TX and I smelled diesel fuel.. Upon investigation, two return lines were disconnected to the injectors. Fortunately, I had some line w/me and replaced. Back on the road. Car running great. Was approaching Memphis and traffic started backing up due to construction. I lifted and then needed to brake. The pedal was a brick. I managed to get off to the right. I called Darrell and he confirmed that the vacuum pump had deep sixed.

Got MB Roadside to get me a rollback. The car is now at the local "stealership". I will be there when they open tomorrow. I'd bet they don't have a pump, but I don't think I want to pay retail..... ($498)...anyway. The tow truck driver told me about an indy, "Memphis Werks".. Anybody know about him...????.. All in all, I can't complain about the pump that is original and has performed well for 340,000 miles.!!!!

Nevertheless, this wonderful "old girl" has performed like a ballerina...... I will let the list in on the outcome...... Still planning on getting to Virginia International Raceway so the "old girl" can show her stuff on the 3.25 road course..........

You all take care,

Chuck