On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 12:48:21PM -0400, Harry ?M.) wrote:
> what was that funny looking 4 wheel drive they had? I think the 6's were 200
> cid. At least I think I remember seeing that on the Hornet a friend had.

That was the eagle. Two engine options, 258 2bbl or a 2.5L four (depending
on year, it was either the pontiac 151 or the AMC 150). In addition to the
wagons (have two with sticks and a parts wagon), they made four door sedans,
two door hatchbacks (called an SX4, had one with a five speed), and two
door sedans (sometimes called a kammback, think 4wd gremlin).

Absolutely unstoppable in the snow, and actually a fairly decent car to
drive. My 84 with a dead fifth gear would still get 22-24 mpg on the freeway.
It was my daily driver before the crown vic, which preceeded the flock of
diesels.