Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 21:26:53 -0700
From: Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Wife's Bud's '85 380SL For Sale...Still
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

> The 380 was anemic - you need the 560.

Mine's not all that bad.  But it's no 560, either.

Our 560's all claim to need premium, but I've never tried
regular.  I know for a fact that our 250C absolutely requires
premium.  When I got it I didn't know, but it pinged like
a SOB, even on mid-grade.

> The knock sensors in the 80's were not as sophisticated as
> they are now.

Perhaps not.  But the 560 SL doesn't have any knock sensor.

-- Jim