I have an 85 300SD with about 300k miles on it. The poor old car is slower
than dirt. 0-60 times are in the days. I have checked the boost ALDL etc.
The car will smoke when floored so I know it is getting fuel, and since the
boost pressure is high I was assuming it was getting air. However I recently
thought about the intake being plugged with carbon. Is the 617 known for
this? I don't think the intake has ever been off on the car.

BTW I just purchased a 560SEL to replace the 300SD but with gas prices
lately it may be a bad idea.

Trampas