My indie used to believe (he died last year, I'm sure he would still
believe) that the old speedo's needle would move very slightly on the
shaft with  bouncing they do coming to rest at times. He'd "correct"
speedos like Chris's by moving the needlecounter clockwise a little
bit.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK