Harry Watkins wrote:
> Where/how do you make those settings?

Right click on desktop -> Properties -> Appearance tab -> Set 'Windows
and buttons' to "windows classic style"

I've always left all of the visual performance settings on, but my
computers are all less than three years old.  If you have a very old one
I would turn them off after you have gone to the Windows classic
settings and you don't see a good performance increase.

The visual performance settings are:

Right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced tab -> "Adjust for
best performance"

Or you can pick and choose to fit your personal tastes.

HTH
John