There's not a whole lot of folks attending college this time of the year,
especially if they are out of state. Besides, it is rare that a student
doesn't have his/her own set of wheels (often better than what the parents
drive).  But it was a good idea.

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Redghost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> One could try posting need for driver from IA to MA on local college
> bulletin boards.  Used to work well for owners of cars when I was a
> student to have a kid drive car to or from place of education to
> home.  Bound to be a few kids in IA able to meet IQ requirements of
> ivy league school and going that way for fall enrollment.   Might
> even be able to snag a really good driving buddy so that you get
> there in 24 hours of driving.
>
> clay
>

> On 11 Jul 2008, at 05:15, Curt Raymond wrote:
>
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > I'm in talks with the LT to buy his Quantum. The question is how to
> > move it from Iowa to MA...
> > I was thinking fly out and drive back. Google says its about 1400
> > miles so I'm figuring to do it in 3 days (yeah I know, but thats
> > pushing for me). With airfare ($150!) and 2 nights in hotels it'd
> > be somewhere around $600 eating well and some stops to have fun and
> > visit friends.
> > Of course I've got to get time from work and what happens if
> > something breaks? So Don has suggested I have the thing shipped
> > which isn't a bad idea at all.
> > IIRC somebody had a car shipped the other day, I don't remember the
> > price. Anybody care to throw out a WAG for a price on this?
> >
> > -Curt

LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/

apt-get update