I do suspect that kid have better wheels than mom and dad.  Might
also be some subsidy of insurance for the kid mobile.  The kids with
wheels at school did not "own" the cars they drove when I was there
years ago.  Insurance and parking fees were quite costly.  Many a
child phoned home to have mama and papa wire funds so that car could
be repaired.   Must be a democrat thing.  The republicans almost all
took public transport since auto ownership was not financially viable.

clay