Actually, here's a more accurate count of oil reserves -
I only copies part of this report as it is lengthy -  if you want the full
report all let me know -

<<<  Here is a comparison of the total US oil resources (proven + estimated
+
undiscovered technically recoverable) with the (proven) reserves of the top
"oil-rich" countries in billions of barrels:
  US                   171
  Saudi Arabia   170* <-- see note below
  Iran                  32**
  Iraq                  15**
  Untied Arab Emirates - 98** <-- see note below
  Venezuela       80** <-- see note below
  Russia              60
  Libya               39
  Nigeria            36
  China               18
  Qatar               15
  Mexico            12
  Algeria            11
  Brazil               11*** <-- see note below
  Kazakhstan     9
  Canada            9**** <-- see note below
  Norway           8
  Azerbaijan       7
  India                5
  *             Saudi Arabia has an "official" 262 billion bbls of reserves,
but the secretive Saudi's won't revel how this is calculated. In 1990 they
increased their reserves from 170 bbl bbls to 258 billion bbls, a 50%
increase, without apparently doing any geological work, when OPEC decided
that each country would be able to produce oil only in a ratio with its
reserves. Even though they have been pumping about 10 billion bbls per year
out of their fields, their reserves never go down, yet their major fields
are suffering salt water intrusion, a sure sign they are depleting. Recent
snooping by US geologists has indicated their reserves are much lower than
the official estimate. The number shown in the table is their reserves
before the suspicious increase and may be significantly higher than their
actual reserves.>>>

Larry T (66 MGB, 74 911, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
800-583-8601