I measured the resistance of the shock absorber (strut) according to
the book.  (Push rod in 84mm while on spring scale noting 'weight'
while holding it at this extension.  Should read 280+/-30 N when new,
170 N minimum.  Also note 'weight' required to push rod in 50mm at a
100mm/minute rate, should be 320 N or 450 N depending on model.  The
equivalent pull value should be 740 N or 1150 N.)

Well, it failed, big surprise.  I measured about 12# either way I
conducted the push test.  At 1 Newton = 0.225 pounds force that's
53N!  The pull resistance was more, but the push value is so low that
it's not worth the effort of measuring.  Time to order new.

-- Jim