Did you read that book? I spotted it in a bookshop awhile ago and wondered. It
was a trendy little place and I wasn't about to spend $20 for the hardcover...

-Curt

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 18:21:11 -0500
From: tom savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] W201 capital of nation? world? Statistics
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Zoltan Finks wrote:

> Wonder if there is any source for statistics on how many vehicles of a
> certain type reside in a given area.

Don't know, but in "My Mercedes is Not For Sale," the author quotes an
aid worker as saying that you can measure the poverty of a country (in
Africa) by counting Mercedes 190s; the more 190s, the poorer they are.
I guess they're everywhere in most of the continent.

http://www.amazon.com/Mercedes-Not-Sale-Ouagadougou-Auto-Misadventure/dp/0767928695

Highly recommended.

Tom