-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of David Brodbeck
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 7:22 PM
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: Re: [MBZ] here we go again

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:17:57 -0500, Kaleb C. Striplin wrote
> Fuel prices just shot up again.  Its really pathetic, it goes  up 15
> cents overnight and the damn hurricane has not even hit yet.

The oil market today seems to be like the stock market was in the 90s.
People think the price will go up, because of the hurricane, so they bid up
the price of oil futures hoping to make money.  This kind of volatility is
what you get when you let speculators run rampant in a market.