delivered. So sometimes my investment made really good money and sometimes I
wasn't making the standard .10 per gallon, in order to keep selling.

Ken

In a message dated 9/22/2005 7:28:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
From: Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] here we go again

David Brodbeck wrote:

> I suppose they'd argue they're just charging their replacement cost --
> what it'll cost to replace the gas you're buying.

Makes sense, if you sell the contents of your storage tanks for $2.60
just so you can pay $2.70 to refill them tomorrow, you'd be better
off just closing the store for a day and leaving the tanks full.
The fact that you paid $2.50 for what's in the tanks now is
irrelevant. OTOH, some merchants are too resistant for selling
the $2.70 stuff for $2.60 when the wholesale goes back down to $2.50.
So what you see is prices going down 1-2 cents per price change,
and up 20 cents all at once.