From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Peter Merle
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2008 3:04 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Oil analysis problem

Sent oil samples from my 5 300D 's to the lab ( 3 x W123's , 1x 300GD (
OM617 ) and 1xW124 ) and got satisfatcory results from 3 off them . The one
W123 ( the only one running Mobil 1 ) had high levels of Copper and Iron (
29 and 71 ppm ) after 2000 km. Sodium, Siicon, Al , Cr , particulates, soot
are all low . Lab suggested the oil pump is worn and I should test oil
pressure . Well the oil pump had done only 60000 km and oil pressures are
good. The engine is loosing compression and oil consumption has increaseed
since engine rebuild a few years ago  so something is not right.  Any ideas
anyone?

Am going to change oil to delo 400 and then see what the results are.

Regarding the other car with poor results - I had just bought it - has been
running on WVO for 30000 km - well its oil had high levels of iron ( 93 ppm
) as well as particlates - diagonis by lab was that oil filter was being
bypassed ie filter blocked. is this a problem with WVO ? Does the stuff get
into the engine oil and block the filter?

Peter
Checked by AVG.
6:08 PM

Checked by AVG.