It's clear the other side of the country from me, I'll just have to settle for the local (and semi-local) brews here in Charleston. Speakin a which, I just finished working on the truck's water pump and hoses, I think its time for a little reward....

--R

Zoltan Finks wrote:
Hood Canal Brewery is only some 16 or 17 mi. from my house. I have enjoyed
their beers before, but only recently found out they are so close.
They have a very unassuming tasting room (which is actually a small bar
where locals gather. very friendly bunch). Their website reflects the
appearance of their facility, oh, and the labels on their bottles.

Important thing though: All of their beers are quite nice and tasty.

Recently, I drove down to Portland and spent three days riding a bicycle
around and checking out their local breweries/public houses. Ive got to
mention the Lucky Laborador. I hit both their locations. Though they dont
brew their own ales, there is an outdoor seating area where you can bring
your dog and let them play. Its like a dog park with beer. Oh, and there is
bicycle parking *inside* the place. Gotta love Portland.

More recently, I have been exploring what Seattle has to offer.

Brian