Well the reason for this is a first-order consequence of electing a rookie who has absolutely no experience related to the job he wants, no deep ties to the establishment, no relationships built up over the years. So he looks around, sees who might actually know something about how stuff works, finds a bunch of retreads who have been hanging around for a few years Hoping for Change, and he grabs them up. Pretty soon they start telling him this and that, what does he know, so that is what he does. I suppose they'll help him keep his head above water for a coupla years until he figures stuff out on his own, if he is not too insulated from it all by this crowd or they don't get him in too deep. He'll be struggling with them as well as whatever issues arise, kinda hard on a guy trying to make Change. Bush did it too, got people from his daddy's admin, after a few years I think he sorted through some of them but they swayed him a lot.

[Note: None of this expresses any subjective political partisanship, just reality]

--R

Allan Streib wrote:
"Rich Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

I know people have differing political viewpoints, that is all well and good, but I don't see how anyone could think this woman should be anywhere near anything important to peoples' lives given her past performance (which is likely indicative of future performance).

The whole administration is shaping up to be a bunch of Clinton-era
retreads.  Was this the "change" we expected?  If they wanted this, why
did the Democrats reject Hillary in their primaries?

Allan