Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:08:14 -0600
From: "Tom Hargrave" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Ethanol/Why it works in Brazil/Stolen from OTC
    Journal
To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Larry,

So, you are telling us that sugar beets grow in soil that no food crop will
grow on? Maybe they grow them on rocks? I don't think so - every acre used
to grow sugar beets could be used to grow food and this represents a loss of
food stocks. Matter of fact, we grow sugar beets here in the US as a food
product - sugar! Sorry to disappoint you but you are being fed a load of BS.

On the flip side, both cane & beets produce more ethanol per acre than corn
but only because the entire corn stalk & ear can't be converted. We convert
only the corn kernels which comprise a small percentage of the entire corn
plant. Some extremely intelligent researchers in this country have figured
out how to convert the rest through the use of the right enzymes & process
but the process is not economical yet. Once they figure it out, we can eat
the corn & convert the corn stalks to ethanol - the best of both worlds!

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
www.kegkits.com
256-656-1924