On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Donald Snook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Also, I think GM owns Saab.  Of course, the market presence here in the US
> is minimal,

You're kidding, right?  Been to the Pacific Northwest or New England
lately?  I see as many older Saabs here as older BMWs or Benzes, and
nearly as many newer ones.  Saab has TREMENDOUS intangible value in
its brand name and heritage, though GM management has done its best to
destroy that as only it can by selling badge-engineered Opels,
Subarus, and Trailblazers as Saabs.  I would expect one of the
emerging-markets players, perhaps Mahindra or Tata, to snap up Saab
sooner or later.  If they're really smart they will buy Volvo from
Ford at the same time and build some fantastic cars with the resulting
critical mass of Scandinavian technology---a sterling safety record,
and the best-driving front-drive chassis besides the Mini.

Alex Chamberlain