except that you won't be able to "adjust" the speedo needle, because it's going to be off by a *percentage*, not a fixed number. for example, that might mean 2 MPH off at an indicated 25, 4 MPH at an indicated 50, and 6 MPH off at an indicated 75.

cheers!

Wonko the Sane wrote:
I am used to it. My parents said I was stubborn. I always assumed I was the
only one who saw the reality others couldn't see, sort of like Thoreau. I am
sometimes still like that.

The fact is that it isn't that big of a deal. I will just see what true
speed is on my GPS and adjust the needle accordingly on the speedometer.
Need to pull the cluster anyway to fix that damn'd broken-odometer water
torture clicking. I am sure not going to trash $400+ worth of still-good
tires just to make the speedometer read correctly. And until I fix it, I
will know that indicated 60 is actually 65, or plug in the GPS.