FWIW: I've heard of freezing the prechamber with dry ice which supposedly breaks the "corrosion seal". I've also heard of freezing both the prechamber and the end of the puller then quickly using the slide hammer. I would be leery of freezing the slide hammer since steel can get brittle at low temperatures. Some supermarkets have dry ice for sale; Winn-Dixie in the South, for example.
Gerry
What is different from the 616 and the 603 is you have a steel
prechamber in an aluminum head under large temperature and humidity
differences.  In other words, dissimilar metal corrosion.  On the other
hand, my prechamber came out of my SDL very quickly.

Luther

Christopher McCann wrote:
Got the five pound slide hammer. OK, will persevere in wailing on it, but now with more confidence! My friend did a 616 prechamber once and it came out very easily, so we figured something was wrong. Will give a victory update, hopefully.

Chris

'85 300SD 241K mi/'92 Dodge B-350 Ram Wagon/'82 VW Vanagon Diesel 229K mi/'75 240D/'80 300SD/'83 240D/'84 300Dt/'85 300Dt Cali (parting out)/'87 190E 2.3 (parting out)