Kaleb,

Sorry to hear about your situation.  This whole economic thing has gotten me in
such a funk I've had a hard time climbing out of (I suspect a bit of
homesickness for my friends in Florida and the gray winter weather up here
hasn't helped, either.)

Don't touch your 401k, as you'll lose the better part of it if you do.  If
you're to the point where a couple of thousand dollars make a difference, just
hang on for dear life and don't let go.

Is Regina still working?

If both of you are out of work, be sure to go to your home lender right away
and tell them.  Despite the current mortgage problems, if you've been a
responsible borrower they'll work with you to keep things going - it's not in
their interest to be filing another NOD.

I've had some lengthy discussions with my partners about job security, and
while I am not at risk, my heart goes out to those who have lost their jobs.
The current situation being what it is makes it damned difficult to appreciate
what you do have when everyone around you seems to be crashing.

And remember - no matter how bad things get, you've always got family.  That
won't pay the bills, but having people you love and care for around to share
life's ups and downs makes things much more bearable.

Out thoughts and prayers go out to you, Regina and the youngsters.  Despite
what's being tossed at you, I know you'll come out of it OK.  I hope the same
for any and all on the list, as well as your friends, family and loved ones
during such trying times.

Dan