Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:14:29 -0500
From: Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Backup generator
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Curt Raymond wrote:
> So sitting around thinking about how I'd like to have a little generator to
> run my sump pump.

Meijer (a local supermarket chain, kind of like Super Walmart) has a 45cc
Chinese genny for $150, frequently on sale for $75-100. Rated 1000 surge, 850
continuous. Two stroke, but you've probably got premix on hand, at least in the
winter. I don't know if Home Despot has anything similar. A friend bought one,
weighs about 40lb, has enough compression that it's not easy to hold it down
while you start it. We resorted to having one guy hold it down with both hands
while the other guy pulled the cord.

BTW, here's something I've been wanting to buy or build. Go to this page and
search for "Pincor":
http://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/5/95337.html?1224113985

Mitch.