I would just go with used.  They don't fail that often so there should be a lot
of good used ones available.

Regards,

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Frederick <psf...@earthlink.net>

Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:38:30 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
To: Mercedes Discussion List<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 240D U joint?

There is an outfit in California that will rebuild them for $700 or so.

Get a used one, they run about $100.  The joint CAN be replaced, but you need
the proper jig to strake it in place and you have to find someone who can
balance an MB driveshaft, quite the trick I've discovered.
]
Don't try to replace it yourself -- BTDT, it shakes like crazy.

Peter