I think that warranty problem may be a manager problem. The tires on the Tacoma now are Michelins that were on sale real cheap at Wallymart about a year ago so I bought them. Just recently (2-3months ago) ran over something that put a big hole in one, my fault, I saw it coming but ignored it. I took it in to a totally different Wally and they fixed it without a problem. They wanted to replace it though with a different Michelin as they didn't have that model anymore. I told them to patch it. They said it may not hold and if it doesn't then bring it back and they will replace it. All done free in less then one hour while I waited. So far I haven't had to put air in and it hasn't lost more then a couple of pounds. I'm happy with both the tires and Wally.

Manfred

Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:44:29 -0600
From: Loren Faeth <lfa...@leadingchange.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Tires

And the "warranty" is worthless unless you go back to Cheap Sam.

One of the tires I bought from a walmart a couple of years ago
because i got caught in a lake effect blizzard and was desperate,
slipped a belt. last summer.  The tire manager at walmart refused to
warrant the tire.  He had some cockamamie excuse that it was my fault
the tire was a POS. I can't recommend buying tires from wallyland or
Cheap Sams.  I got caught in the warranty trap at sams for
years.  The tires would always fail, so I was stuck going back to
Cheapo Sam.  When I bought my tires from Eurotire, when they were in
business, I never had a failure.  I mostly bought Contis, but had
some Fulda and one set of Frenchy tires.  When I had to go back to US
made tires, at least one out of two will fail before they are worn
out.  I've had the same experience with overpriced Michelins too.  I
have never had a conti fail.  Buying tires is a crapshoot at best.