When driving a turbo, or any Diesel for that matter, it is best to drive sedately until it is fully warmed up (normal oil temp, not water temp) that is under 1/2, 2/3 or 3/4 throttle depending on how many cylinders you have. A 4 cyl MB is in the 2/3 to 3/4 range. and SDL is in the 1/2 throttle range. When coming down after a highway run, you should allow the engine and turbo to cool down with about 5 min of coasting, idling and/or sedate driving before shutting off the engine. This diminished the chances of cracks developing in the heads. That was a real problem with the OM621 engines. Finding 12 cracks in the head was not unusual in a car that was ridden hard and put up wet. (one from each valve to the prechamber, and one between the valves.) You can learn to control this also with an exhaust gas pyrometer. I used an oil temp gauge. It was a lot cheaper.

That is my $.02 for turbo care and Diesel care in general. AFIK, the turbo in my 412k OM603 was original. But I always warmed it up, and cooled it down during my time, and I think the PO did too.

Actually, it won't hurt your gassers any either.