And "idle down" before parking and shutting off. This actually means don't pull off the interstate into a rest stop and shut the car off instantly, almost every other circumstance I can think of involves some idle time before you actually park.

This is much less of an issue for a diesel than for a gasser, as the exhaust is much cooler on the diesel off load.

Peter