> Jim wrote:

> Well, the Lexar firewire Compact Flash card reader came today.
> It just plugged right in, and accepted the Canon's card.
> Buncha files in there, they copied off pretty fast.  I was led
> to believe that Image Capture would recognize a camera's CF
> card as being 'special', and would thus be able to combine the
> jpeg with the picture details, but it didn't seem to work.

Are you saying the jpeg files don't have EXIF data? That the
camera adds it during offload? Or do you mean some other sort of
"picture details"?

That I have never seen before. In 10 years of dealing with
digital still cameras, all have had EXIF tags. Some more
complete than others, but they all have some tags in the jpegs.

Video files and raw files are another story....

--          Philip