Found a rust hole in the bed of the Ranger the other day. Right smack in the
middle of the bed, I think something must have kicked up from underneith and
scratched the paint. I don't think complaining to Frod will do any good, its an
'03 and I'm at least the second owner.

The hole is small, maybe a half dollar but I figure by the time I cut all the
rust out it'll probably be 4-5" across. I'm planning to weld in some overly
thick sheet steel, 16ga maybe? Anyhow I'd heard that when welding on newer
vehicles you need to disconnect all the computers so you don't burn them out...
The other option is of course to lift the bed off the pickup but that'll
involve disconnecting the lights and figuring some way to safely lift and keep
the thing raised, not sure how easy that will be. Of course the good thing is
if I do that I can weld from underneith too and I don't have to worry about
welding slag on the gas tank... Geez, now that I think about it I like this
idea more and more....

Anyway thoughts on welding and saving computers is appreciated...

-Curt