[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I personally hate the W124 it is small and uncomfortable. One of my main
> dislikes about the W124 is the door panel where it meets the window, it is
> very uncomfortable to put your elbow on, in fact it was the main reason I
> got rid of my 87 300D.

Well, I would counter that that is a relative issue as if you were to sit in
a w201 and then get into a w124, you'd think you had stepped into a much
larger car for sure.

The later w124s that I have driven seem to have a more substantial 'feel' to
them, maybe that was my imagination. But in terms of handling and
convenience, for anyone in an urban environment the w124 is much easier to
live with. For example, where I live you can barely fit a w124 into the
'new' parking meter spaces on downtown streets. When you drive a w126, you
have to search around for the end space on the block (or on either side of a
hydrant or driveway) to let the car hang way over the white line....

Just another $0.02,

Mac