This morning's status report:

The repaired key seems nice and strong.  Good.  I replaced the
rear-view mirror, that went well.  I then removed the passenger-side
B-pillar cover, and the belt assembly was indeed entirely missing.
The proposed replacement bolted in neatly, though the mount at the
shoulder end is a little different and can't be tightened down all the
way if the adjuster is still to move.  Still, I think it'll do until I
can acquire a better match.  The pillar cover's glue was failing, and
that's why the skin looked so bad.  I painted contact cement on the
failed areas and let it dry, then pressed the skin back in place.
It's a little lumpy, but much better looking than before.

Since I was back there I had a look at the reading lights.  They both
worked for me then, I think the one just had a dirty switch contact.
They didn't fit right, though.  I had a closer look, and removed them
both and swapped them over to their correct sides.  They
fit _much_ better that way!

Next was the wonky switch panel on the driver's-side rear door.  It
just wouldn't stay in.  After removing it and playing around for
awhile, I figured out that the problem is that it's a right-side panel
jammed into the left side!  I'll have to get a new one, that's
probably going to be a dealership item.  While I was there I corrected
the switch positions on the left and right sides.  The loose panel will
just have to stay loose until I get a replacement, I'm not going to try
gluing it back in place like one of the PO's did!

Still in the back, I replaced the missing cigar lighter element on the
driver's side.  Its illuminating bulb was burnt out, so I replaced it
with the one I got yesterday.

Moving up front I replaced the burnt-out 9004 passenger-side headlight
with the one from my spares pile.  (I'll try to get another one
today.)  I also replaced the passenger-side fog lamp rear hatch cover,
which I found in the glovebox.  I replaced a couple of burnt-out
fuses, and restocked the spares in the fuse box.  (I blew one this
morning trying to run the wipers with them frozen to the glass.)

-- Jim