you, as many, may have misunderstood the XJ Cherokee; most off-roaders understand that any J**p is simply a platform on which to build the vehicle that best suits their interests and needs. our XJ has surprised many who didn't know what an XJ could do when properly prepared; and it does it with up to 4 passengers and their gear carried in air-conditioned comfort.

cheers!

Curt Raymond wrote:
The Cherokee holds a little place in my heart as my least favorite 4x4 ever. A
stock Cherokee is so unimaginably sucky in the woods it astounds me. I also
find them uncomfortable and amazingly unrefined. I have no idea why they are so
popular.

The Liberty (which is the Cherokee elsewhere in the world) is a close second.
With very little feedback to the driver its amazingly easy to get stuck since
you have nearly no idea what the wheels are doing. The body panels also have
amazing sound transmitting properites which can make you think every stick you
drive over is poking holes in the oil pan. Oh and the back seat is apparently
plywood covered with nails... This is the old model, I have yet to ride in the
new Dodge Nitro (snicker) based model.

I also have to mention the Patriot and Compass (which are apparently both based on the (snicker!) Dodge Caliber) what idiot thought Jeep needed a car in its lineup?
Of course if they sold well I suppose they'd be worth it, I'd love to know the
real numbers on those.

-Curt