[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I've always been partial to Optima Batteries and so far I have nothing but good things to say about them. If you can take a battery and install it in any position (upside down, sideways) and it works no matter what then its a good battery. Maybe a bit more in price, but it will never leave you stranded and the good part is it protects itself from excessive drain and always provides enough juice to start your car.

Optimas are WONDERFUL batteries (made by Johnson Controls) and I have two of them, but they do cost almost twice what many other conventional Johhson Controls batteries that are suitable. If you plan to keep your car longer than 6-7 years, then an Optima might make sense.

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi