Change the fluid/filter. If it comes out looking like chocolate syrup,
flush it yourself by doing a series of fluid changes with el-cheapo
generic ATF until it comes out looking clear. Took me ~ 5000 miles and
4 changes. Roughly one per 1000 miles. I found out the hard way that
putting M-1 ATF into a dirty transmission is a waste of money. No way
a flush machine hooked up to a transmission for 20 minutes can get any
significant crud out.

-Dave Walton