Don't accept the small amount they offer! Demand a fair price!

When a guy in a cadillac escalade backed out of his driveway into the side of my 740 Turbo Wagon their first offer was about $700 minus $200 buyback minus $200 deductible. They seriously thought I'd take a $300 check for having a nice car destroyed!

I ended up getting a $1500 check, after deductible AND buyback- and am still using the vehicle with the body damage. I still think it was a bit low, but many times their initial offer.

Tyler

Zoltan Finks wrote:
This being an uncommon occurrence for both my wife and me, we are learning
how things work. Today I think I figured it out. Here's what I wrote her:

So basically I think we have it understood:

1. We get hit

2. We have damaged car

3. Repairs will NOT be paid for

4. Insurance company will pay us the value of the car (considered "buying
it" from us???)

5. Our registration will be canceled and we cannot re-register it

6. If we want the privilege of registering our car we will have to pay the
insurance company some amount, hopefully less than they paid us (considered
"buying it back"???)

7. We would now have a "salvage" title

Net results: Damaged car, A small amount of money given us, A salvage title

Brian