I had placed a 10 inch 2x6 between the GP and the brake booster just in case it came out explosively. Seemed to make a good dent in the wood and then fell to the ground.

Now I am thinking it was really the starter that was giving up the ghost and not the GPs failing. Can not get her to spin up enough to light off. Glows just fine. As well, if not better than before.

Will be doing a valve adjustment in the morrow, as it is that mileage and schedule. Was going to do valves, brakes and oil all as one, but will be holding off on brakes for now.

clay

On Jun 13, 2009, at 3:35 PM, WILTON wrote:

I guess you had a "catcher's mitt" for the plug?

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Redghost" <redgh...@comcast.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 5:31 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Blow it out your.....

glow hole
IT CAME OUT
Well, I had to bump start her. Oldest boy was in the van pushing me along the street to get me to 25mph. First two times it did not light off. I forgot to open the fuel knob. After munching the rear bumper shocks I got her to light off and drove around. She was going great. Went up a few small hills, then down a really steep one. Pull a U at a wide intersection, floor it up the hill and half way up she just SPIT the offending plug out and spewed huge clouds of smoke out from under the hood. Now I am charging the battery, so that I can get the glow to go long enough and the starter wind up fast enough to get it lit off.
--
Clay
Seattle Bioburner