Keeping on keeping on

checked the connections. All is good, flow of electrons proceeds as planned. Starter is sucky, but SWMBA is unwilling to consider idiot spouse needs beater car to run. FLAPS has a starter for $89. Lack of a lift precludes ability to change out the thing anyway.

Tighten up stuff, finish the valve job and oil change. Clean contacts at the battery. Glow the heck out of it and lay on the start knob. Swear the thing is going to pop off in my hand. Keep her spinning, keep her spinning. Wonder if Scotty would be able to provide some trek magic. Finally she coughs. Glow again and haul on the knob. More coughing. Glow some more and am sure the battery is going to fart and leave. Coughs and sputters, then lights off, and dies. This is progress!

Light off and keeps running. Even better. Finally get her rolling under her own power, so I head off to the fuel station and fill the tank, since the stuff inside is at least three months old. Next I have to put the bike innertube back on, since shoe goo does not last well, aging and crumbling.

--
Clay
Seattle Bioburner

1972 220D - Gump