Yeah, I was thinking putting the IP on a test stand was too much for this case, but like I said, 90% probability it is a bad nozzle, and that probably took out the prechamber too. I always kept a stash of used injectors and prechambers, so a gump budget repair CAN be made.

At 08:38 PM 6/14/2009, you wrote:
Dwight, I am hoping to get her a fresh coat of paint.  Right now she
is looking sort of mangy with the crappy clear coat dandruff, the
rusty freckles beside the headlamps and the rocker panel rust.

clay

On Jun 14, 2009, at 5:07 AM, Dwight E. Giles, Jr wrote:

But this is GUMP-all of this would ruin the story of the cheap MB.
My $0.02

Dwight E. Giles, Jr.
1978 240D 4 speed. 218K miles.
1979 240D- auto -250K + miles. (SOLD).
1990 300D 2.5t 160K miles.
Wickford, RI

-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com ]
On Behalf Of Loren Faeth
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2009 12:10 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Blow it out your.....

Congrats!  Sounds like it blew out a lot of carbon.  I am sure it has
been mentioned, but for that much carbon, something was wrong.  Check
the injector.   If it is ok, and the prechamber has not lost its
ball,  then you should consider having the pump tested on a
calibration bench.  90% it is a bad injector and/or prechamber.