Yesterday I went to jump on my riding 2 cyl mower to mow the lawn. Have already used it several times this season. Started it and it ran for a minute although bad then died. Long story short, it was out of gas. OK, so I fill it back up. Thing does not want to start. Finally gave it a little shot of starting fluid and it starts, but does not want to run very good. It will not hardly rev up, its like it gets bogged down. If you slowly rev it up with the throttle it will go, but just move it to full throttle fast, it bogs down. Its got what I guess it the throttle plate that will move back and forth on its own as its running, and if you sort of "butterfly" this by hand it will run OK, but as soon as you try to put a load on the motor, it will bog down and die. Also, when you do getting it running with no load, it surges up and down while that throttle plate moves back and forth. So, anybody know anything about lawn mower engines? Im thinking maybe the carb got gummed up or something, so I messed with it spraying carb cleaner down it while messing with the throttle to keep it running. Seems to have a helped slightly but still cant run it with a load. Is there some adjustment to the carb that I need to make? I see a screw there that looks like it adjusts something, will give that a try in a minute.

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
95 E300, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 80 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D, http://www.okiebenz.com