Donald Snook wrote:
Here's my question, what's the best way to clean a MB diesel engine. I
am so paranoid about water frying some of the electronics or using too
much water pressure and knocking off some vacuum line that resides in
areas I could never get hand in.

The previous owner of my 300D used to power-wash the engine bay (and the engine bays of his other seven cars) on a regular basis. It never caused any problems, except for opening up a leak on a brittle fuel hose that was overdue to be replaced anyway. I don't think the pressure washer will knock loose any pieces that weren't already getting ready to fall off on their own. :)