Hi, All.
Quick question. Rebuilt the rear brakes on the 190DT (parts from Rusty of course). All went well until it came to putting the discs back on. The new shoes for the Emergency/parking/hand brakes seemed to be about 0.01" too wide, causing the wheel to jam. I chamfered the outer edges and all seems well. Yes, I did triple check everything, including printing out the relevant EPC pages and FSM pages, half hour stare and compare did not show any discrepancy.
1. Shoes too wide?
2. Drum not cut back quite enough?
3. WTF?
Fred Moir
Lynn MA
Diesel preferred.
p.s. The old shoes were missing the linings, dust and debris only.