Ok Don wrote: "It's a W124 - too small for you. Remember the last one? (It'sone
of the few cars that have enough travel that the drivers seat can move too far
back for me - like all the other MB's I've driven)."

Yes, I remember.  But, I also know that I wish I had your 300D (formerly mine)
back.  Of the 30-35 cars I have had, your car is the only one that I think, "I
should have kept that car."  The "room" I wanted was not related to the
driver's room (I too think I had plenty of room in a 124), it was the rear seat
room if I took passengers.  4 people in a 124 is pretty tight, especially if I
have my seat all the way back.  But, I am over that.  If somebody wants to ride
with me, they can figure out how to fit.  That was one thing I really liked
about my 126 - TONS of room for any and all!

Donald H. Snook