I think you can have the car looked at on your behalf if it's on ebay, can't
you?  I'd never feel comfortable buying a car on ebay, or any other such
place.  I'm not real fond of auctions either, even though you can see the
car before hand.  No idea of service history or anything.

I guess you take a risk with both, which is ok, providing the final price is
one you're happy with, and reflects the risk of buying a car in such a way.

These cars aren't rare, there are tonnes of them kicking around.  unless
it's something you really really need, why not just get one you can see,
touch and drive, before handing over money?

Ed
300E