Oh!  That's "fly-BY-nighters."

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2009 8:05 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Car for OK Don's kids

I also remember a time when "fly-nighters" (scammers) came through the countryside painting roofs; they'd mix silver paint with kerosene or very cheap thinner, "paint" a roof with it, take the "already-poor" home owner and be gone before the homeowner knew he'd been "had" by the sorry SOB. The silver "paint" might stay on the roof as much as six months if the homeowner were lucky. Yeah, yeah, I know, today's auto paint, even silver, lasts a little longer, but I still can't forget those "quickie" silver roof "paint jobs" - I see 'em every time I see a silver car.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mountain Man" <maontin....@gmail.com>